Cold Brew Kit
Kits and filters for making the perfect cold brew coffee on your own! Choose this reusable alternative to paper filters and nylon sacks. Cotton absorbs some of the oils released from coffee beans yet lets acids pass through. The resulting cup is clear crisp, rich and robust with all the acid of paper brewed coffee, without the paper taste, and all of the richness of French press without the heavy oiliness.
32 oz. kit brews small batches for small spaces - from dorm rooms to the camp sites
63 oz. kit brews larger batches - enough for the whole crew or a few days for you!
- 1 CoffeeSock Cold Brew Filter
- 1 mason jar
- Filter made from USDA Certified organic cotton
- Both products made in USA
Filter Only: 1 per package
- Initially, boil new filters for 10 minutes in fresh water to clean and shrink.
- Fit ColdBrew filter over lip of wide mouthed canning jar.
- Add desired amount of coarsely ground coffee.
(We recommend 3 ounces by weight (1 cup dry) per 32 ounce serving.)
- Wet (bloom) the dry coffee and let set for 30 seconds, allowing the water to fully penetrate the coffee grounds from the center. This is necessary to maximize flow and to avoid dry pockets, and weak brew.
- Add filtered water in batches or very slowly, to fill.
- Close filter by gathering the top of fabric together, wrapping the strap around the gathered neck of the filter, and pass through the attached ring.
Times vary with volume of brew and ambient temperature. Warmer temperatures and shorter brew times yield a brighter and less extracted brew. Long cold soaks produce rich and smooth brews.
Brew Time Chart
Quart 32oz - 1/2 Gallon 64oz -1 Gallon 128oz - 2 Gallon 256oz
SunBrew 4-6 hrs, 5-8hrs, 6-10hrs, 12-sundown
ShadeBrew 5-8hrs, 6-10 hrs, 12-16hrs, 14-18hrs
ColdBrew 6-10 hrs, 12-16 hrs, 14-18 hrs, 16-20hrs