Loofah Dishwashing Sponge
This loofah sponge is unbleached and hand-cut to provide a nice grip to clean larger surfaces like plates, stovetops, and counter spaces with ease. It has a softer side that lathers up soap beautifully and a scrubby side for stubborn stains.
Looking for more eco-friendly, plastic-free swaps for everyday cleaning? Loofah is a natural cleansing sponge, made up of the fibrous part of the loofah plant which is 100% compostable. Loofah has been used by different cultures for centuries before plastic was mass-produced. It replaces traditional plastic sponges in dishwashing and general household cleaning.
For first-time users, loofah actually starts off dehydrated but expands when soaked in water. When it becomes smelly, boil in clean water for a minute or two to disinfect. Properly care for the sponges by placing them near the window or well-ventilated areas.
- effective & non-scratch: safe to clean food scraps and stain stuck on cast iron or stainless steel cookware
- ideally, dry completely between uses
- boil in water to kill bacteria
- avoid soaking in water
- place away from high heat or flames
- place in green bin to compost or directly compost in backyard
- Loofah can also be used like coconut fiber in the garden, excellent at water retention, growing seedlings, creating potting mix, pest resistant, and to use as bedding in worm bins